Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Kids to Colorado and...

Phil flew the kids to Colorado for a weekend so he, Amanda (his girlfriend), and "Z" (Amanda's daughter) and his and her family could all hang out. It was odd only because I was so happy that they could all spend some time together. Yes, I was genuinely happy for them all. It was nice to get a sort of break (We had Bobby, Aleah and Kimi). I loved spending time with Travis and his kids. I thought being divorced would have had more of a sadness with it. I really don't feel it at all. I just feel a constant gratitude that I am in the life I am currently in. I feel so blessed and a constant awe at my good fortune at finding the family I am now a part of. I still love and care for Phil's family, but I am content to let them enjoy Phil and the kids without me. I feel a great deal of peace with this and again am just grateful to not feel distressed, heartbroken or jealous. God is good and has blessed me beyond what I could have ever hoped.

Bobby bought some tennis rackets and balls with his birthday money and we all played tennis this weekend. It was a ton of fun and I must say that I am so very glad to find a sport that Bobby is interested in. It is always nice to see him happy.

Madi started fencing last week and loves it. She even made an effort to talk to and laugh with Kimi this week. Amazing. Perhaps swinging a sword and thrusting it at people is just the medicine to help her in coming out of her depression - you know the one that teenagers who are ripped from their comfortable home and friends (especially Tori) and transplanted to a far away place with a new family and Step-Dad go into. She is slowly but surely making new friends as well. Yea!!!!!

No comments: