Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Cinnamon Rolls Annyone?

I made some cinnamon rolls today that were delicious. I used the same recipe that Jen and I made the rolls at our sealing with. I thought I would post the e-mail that got me the recipe (kind of funny) with the recipe for anyone who is interested. It is so easy!! Makes wheat or white rolls or Cinnamon rolls!

This is how it all came about - Written in my early pregnancy( Feb 6, 2009):

So, yesterday I had enough energy to try to make some cinnamon rolls from a box mix I had. Unfortunately the expiration date on the box was 2006. The yeast was in a packet so I thought it might work. Ha Ha Ha. O. K. so they were the worst cinnamon rolls ever, but my poor family devoured them because I had never made cinnamon rolls before and they said that chewy rolls are kind of a nice change. Sad, so very sad, I know. So, I am determined to make them some real ones that have a fluffy component:). So, could you send me a wheat and a white recipe I could do in my Kitchen aid. Thanks!!!

This is Jen's Response - Recipe!!!!
This is the one that I use—no kitchen aid necessary!

Blender rolls
Measure 7 cups white flour (or 3 ½ cups white and 3 ½ cups wheat flour) in a large mixing bowl

In your blender, blend
2 Tbs yeast
½ cup sugar
1 stick margarine, cut up
1 egg
2 tsp salt
2 ½ cups hot water

Blend and pour over flour mixture. Mix with fork until wet and then finish mixing with hands until all flour is mixed in. Cover and let rise until double in size. Form into rolls. Let rise about 10 minutes. Bake at 350-375 until done, (about 20 minutes). Makes 24 rolls.

For cinnamon rolls:

Take ½ of the dough and roll into long rectangle. Spread soft butter or margarine on dough. Spread generous portion of cinnamon/brown sugar mix on dough. Roll and cut into 12 cinnamon rolls. Repeat again with rest of the dough.

I usually make a double batch and make one tray of cinnamon rolls and 1 tray of regular rolls. Sometimes I make all white and sometimes I use ½ white and ½ wheat. They are really easy—no kneading involved! Good luck! Your can frost the cinnamon rolls with any white frosting. I usually make one with butter, powdered sugar and milk. Cream cheese frosting is delicious on these but I am usually to lazy to make it.

1 comment:

Rock, Paper, Scissors said...

Ha ha. I believe my family would have the same response to the cinnamon rolls had I had the same failed attempt.

-Travis' cousin Chrisanna