Monday, January 26, 2009

One word, four letters and starts with a "B"

"One word, four letters and starts with a "B"" - this is what Travis said to me when I told him we should go on a cruise next Christmas, since all our kids will be with their other parent. I had forgotten that on Christmas eve, a few days previous to my idea of a cruise, I took a pregnancy test and found out we would be having a baby around Sept. 2. I am now 9 weeks pregnant and had an ultrasound today and everything looked great. For those of you wondering, yes, we planned this and are excited to add the 8th and final child to our family. Yes, we are a little crazy and perhaps it is a bit soon, but I am getting too old for this and we feel that it is the right time. The kids are adjusting well and seem to be excited as well. I am actually feeling better than I have felt in about 4 weeks which is sooner than usual, so I am very grateful for that. I do want to sleep all the time - last week when I thought I would lie down for a second with 3-6 year olds in my house by themselves, I woke up to all my bookcases emptied while they were doing a dance on top of all the books. 1-2 of them together are pretty well behaved, but there is something to the 3 of them together that almost invariably ends up in mischief.

5 comments:

Salty Gal said...

congrats :)

Deanna said...

Congrats... Congrats... Congrats!!! How fun for your small family! I am so jealous!!!

misty said...

You're the best mommy, so this is a great blessing for the next child as well as these seven.

Sally said...

Congratulations, Al!

Mary said...

Hey -- I found you again. Yippee!